Not only did I finish my shawl, I also grabbed the chance to have it photographed by the lovely Ameria during our last knitting session in Bruges. Thx AJ!
One of those pictures is even featured on the pattern page now, which is a great honour on Ravelry:
And here are the other shots, in beautiful light and detail:
Great fun project which puzzled many who witnessed me knitting this in public.
Once this was bound off (by the fumes of my yarn), I could start clue 1 of the WestKnit's Mystery KAL.
At the moment it looks rather bizarre, but appeals to my inner dragon and I love love love the colours (though in this photograph the lime/petrol combo looks more like yellow/blue. I hope it'll photograph better on a less rainy afternoon).
So here it is, the first half of clue 1 for the Ixnēzcā shawl:
In case you're wondering about the strange title of this post and the names of my projects: I have decided to hencefort name all my projects in the language of the Aztecs, which is Nahuatl. For reference, I'm using the Nahuatl Dictionary of the University of Oregon